My friend shared this with me, and I thought to share this with you guys.
The Butterfly Project:
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you have killed it. If you don't cut, it lives.
5. ...If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
I've already got butterflies on me.
Here's just a nice little movement for cutters. It's actually helped a great number of people, and I'm sure it's saved a lot of lives.
EDIT: Man! You guys are so awesome! 236 favs in under ten hours after I posted this! Wow!
I hope many many many more people will be able to get knowledge of this idea, and I hope it helps! Keep up the awesome work, you guys! You're the best!
I've got some stories to share! One of them,
really made me tear up. Here's the link, if you want to go read it.: tinyfurrtails.deviantart.com/a…
They put it in poem form, and I got to tell you, it's very inspirational! Harming yourself in any way is what the Butterfly Project is here for.sugoi-mishrano.deviantart.com/…
Here is a fictional story written by
to depict the Butterfly Project. I personally think it is a great story, and very inspiring. detective-may.deviantart.com/a…
An amazing piece done by an awesome artist. I love what they did!
If any of you guys have stories to share, share them, art to dedicate or share, share those too! Let us know how the butterflies have helped you!